Built in 1929 and expanded in 1987, this Library underwent a much-needed renovation to create an updated academic and social center on campus. The project balances historic and repurposed support spaces as one integrated learning hub designed with flexibility in mind to accommodate new forms of learning and innovation. Throughout the project, the integrity of the historic spaces was maintained and discreetly enhanced with new technology.
Over 90% of the existing building structure and 50% of the interior materials were re-used on the project.
2021 Preservation Massachusetts, Robert H. Kuehn, Jr. Award
2020 IES Section Award